The Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence, Asia-Europe Institute, University of Malaya presents a workshop on Teaching EU Studies in the ASEAN Context. The workshop is one of the activities of the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence awarded under the Erasmus+ Programme in 2017 to the Asia-Europe Institute.
This workshop will examine EU/European Studies programmes in a few universities in countries such as Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines as well as Malaysia. It will address the various challenges encountered in teaching EU/European studies. In addition, different approaches used in teaching EU/European studies in the context of ASEAN will be discussed.
- Share experiences on teaching EU/European Studies in ASEAN
- Discuss challenges encountered in the teaching of EU/European Studies in the ASEAN context
- Analyse approaches that are useful in handling the complexities of teaching EU/European Studies in ASEAN
List of Presenters/Speakers
- Prof Anthony Milner, University of Malaya
- Prof Andreas Stoffers, University of Applied Languages/SDI Munich
- Prof Azirah Hashim, University of Malaya
- Dr Marissa Maricosa, Ateneo De Manila University
- Dr Dinh Manh Tuan, Institute for European Studies (Vietnam)
- Mr Nurhawira Gigih Pramono, Universitas Gadjah Mada
- Dr Rahul Mishra, University of Malaya
- Dr Larisa Nikitina, University of Malaya
- Mr Marc Cheng, EU Centre in Taiwan
The workshop is FREE. Seats are limited to 40 selected participants.
Please register at http://bit.ly/JMWorkshop2
Mr. Aaron Denison (email@example.com)
Tel: +6014-3677312 / +603-7967 7823
Fax: +603-7954 0799
Who should attend?
University academics, research officers/assistants, graduate students from University of Malaya and other universities who have genuine interest in EU/European studies.